Wednesday 4 July 2012

Last Days Banff

Well, I started the day very stupidly, with a run in park. I followed a mountain bike track up and up, which turned into an animal track and I thought I could keep going. By the time I started heading down I was sliding on my bottom to stop me goingall the way the bottom, and there was no going back up so had to slide the whole way. A few cuts and bruises but a lot of exhileration when I made it to the bottom!!!
Amyway - Lake Louise was as good as the pictures! Tranquil, crystal blue water, and beautiful mountains all the way round. We beat the crowds and hired a canoe to paddle around the edges, then finished with a coffee at the hotel. The crowds dont seem to arrive till 11am, so we were out of there before the busy mayhem seems to begin.

We went for a short hike on the way home, to these fantastic waterfalls, but got caught in a big storm and had to run all the way back to the car, good fun :)

A hot spa at the hotel when we got home, then we went down to check out the Banff Museum, yes Mum, Museum. It wasnt great but interesting enough and a good activity in the rainy weather! We checked out the golf course for a few holes, but it was windy and wet, so gave it a miss, and headed home for wine and nibbles in the hotel! A good way to finish our mini holiday in Banff!



No comments:

Post a Comment