Sunday 15 July 2012

Goodbye Shea, Hello America

Shea flew out from Regina Saturday morning, and it was sad to say goodbye to by best travelling buddy, but I was heading to friends the Driscoll's so that cheered me up! It was an overcast and rainy day, but I got some pics of the country side on the way. There are so many of these old wooden sheds that are on real angles, but just havent quite toppled over yet!

 An old grain elevator in a small town. There are still quite a few old ones around, as well as the newer Vitterra, Cargill ones!
 Flaxseed crop (I'm pretty sure :))
 I got passed the US border after not too much trouble but a lot of small men in uniform trying to act tough!! Then I was in Sherwood. Michelle Latham, a Wongan friend, had lined me up to stay with her brother Chad Dricoll. Chad and Dana were so lovely and welcoming it was great to see them! Chad is a an aussie and he misses home a lot, so he was keen to listen to my aussie accent and talk aussie news! We visited the family farm, where Chad runs a John Deere combine service centre. It was a really neat setup, and they are very clever people!!! They had built this boomspray themselves!!
 Dana and I in front of a sunflower crop, I am just a fortnight to early to see the really big flowers!!
 The crops are drying off quickly as I move south!!

No comments:

Post a Comment