Sunday 22 July 2012

Colorado Rockies

Sunday morning I headed off from Hays west towards Colorado. With Johnny Denver cranking I hit the rocky mountains, singing my heart out. I soon turned the music off and had to really focus as a thunderstorm hit the top of the mountains and there was heavy rain and hail on very skinny and windy roads. I went for a short exhilerating walk up the top, but got a bit wet and was certain the  lightening was going to hit me any second!!

I made it to Grand Lake and went for a beautiful long walk in through the bush and up past some waterfalls. I forgot my camera though!! so may have to head back there for a jog in the morning for a couple of pics! I am now booked in at spirit lake lodge, and not long out of bed, ready for my 1000k's planned tommorow.
sunflower crop on the drive!

before the storm hit

Hail on the side of road (btw I was in 42oC yeserday)

Getting a bit blown away up the top

A little track I ventured up in the rain with thunder cracking, also in my pluggers which was a very silly idea. Somewhat fun though!

No comments:

Post a Comment