Sunday 15 July 2012

Driscolls

Chad and Dana took me too a local rodea, then we headed to a Dana's cousins farm celebration of 100 years in the family! Itwas more than the usual farm party, and I think the whole county were there. There were bands, comedians, machinery on display, bouncy castles and more. The best thing was lots of farmers so I was able to chat  to a lot of different growers in the region!
I stayed the night at Sherwood, then went with Chad and Dana to visit there family holiday house near a big lake I cant remember the name of.  We said Farewell, and I headed south for the 600km trip to Wahperton, North Dakota.
Chad, Dana and I

 The Driscolls at the farm 100 celebration!
The Driscoll family holiday cabin being built on the lake!

So, I have made it to Wahperton and tonight caught up with Kayla Miller. She was a contact from Murray Scholz, a Nuffield Scholar. She is great. She farms with her brother and Dad, and lives in town here and drives out to the farm each day. Similarities ??:)
So I visited her house and talked about some of the issues she has with growing GM beets. Tommorow I am visitig her farm, but because it has been so warm, theywill be harvesting, so they will be busy!! I might get a 'combine' ride though!!

Shea is not yet got home - 2 delays in Korea, meant he had to book into 2 hotels. Not fun!! I hope he is home safe and sound soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment