Thursday 23 February 2012

John Innes Centre

After spending another night with David and Christine, I headed off this morning to the John Innes Centre in Norwich. At this centre, they do a lot of ground breaking biotechnology research in horticulture and agriculture. Catherine Reynolds, the communications manager there, was the perfect person to talk to in regard to my nuffield research project. Her team is in charge of informing the consumer and media about what GM actually is. They have taken the approach of rather than keeping what they're doing there a secret, they invite everyone who is at all interested to come in and have a look. Nothing is kept hidden from any consumer, researcher or green group. I have heaps more to say about what I learnt with her but now really need to get to sleep, so maybe when I am at the airport I can update on that!

I have got back to John and Wendys tonight. Ben Webster came over for a cuppa and it was really nice to see him and his wife and daughter. Then ate some more delious food and drank some more delicous red wine, and rolled myself up to bed!! :) What happened to that AFD I was meant to have today ?.........
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment